Are you looking out for a natural way to whiten your skin faster without using expensive chemicals that could harm your skin? Aloe vera is a natural ingredient that can heal your skin and whiten it in no time. It can even out your skin tone, fade away dark spots and acne scars, heal your skin of Sunburns. It is suitable for all skin types and moisturizes your skin well without leaving it greasy and oily. It keeps your skin well tone and prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
How does aloe vera work?
Aloe vera is powerful in lightening your skin and removing it completely of any sort of dark spots, scars, and marks. It is a natural exfoliate that does not irritate, itch, or cause damage to your skin when applied in a limited quantity. It is excellent for removing the dead skin cells on your body which makes your skin to appear darker.
Aloe vera contains vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E and minerals like zinc, copper and selenium which are essential for healthy skin. Vitamin C and E (having anti-oxidant property) in combination protect the damage caused by free radicals generated by sun light, smoke and pollution. Whereas Vitamin A helps to maintain and repair skin tissues.
The mineral Selenium protects the skin cells from the harmful effects of sun light. Copper along with Vitamin C and zinc produce elastin fiber which support skin structure from underneath. Zinc acts as an astringent which tighten the pores and removes the harmful toxins that are trapped within the pores of your skin.
Aloe vera also contains Mucopolysaccharides which holds moisture into the skin and promotes an even skin tone on the entire surface. It activates fibroblast which produces the collagen and elastin fibers which make skin more elastic and less wrinkled. [1, 2]
Ways to Use Aloe Vera for Skin Whitening
There are several ways and combinations with which you can use aloe vera to whiten your skin. You can make the gel extracted from the aloe vera and mix it with other ingredients. Read on to know how to make aloe vera to work its magic along with other ingredients.
1. Aloe vera and rosewater:
You can mix the Aloe Vera Gel along with rosewater to get glowing skin. Ancient Greeks and Romans knew the importance of rose water and they used it in their daily beauty regime. It is a natural skin toner that is capable of tightening the pores on your skin and maintaining its elasticity.
- Fresh rose petals
- Gel extracted from the aloe vera plant.
- Carefully cut out a piece of the aloe vera leaf and wash it well. Scrape out the fresh gel from the leaf and put it in a separate bowl.
- Wash the rose petals and put it in the bowl containing the aloe vera gel. Blend the two together in a mixer at high speed. This will give you a mixture that will whiten and tone your skin.
- Strain the contents into a clean container and store it in cool temperature.
- Apply it on your face and other areas of your skin that you wish to whiten.
2. Aloe vera and honey:
Aloe vera and honey will make your skin glow, feel soft and supple. It is known to give amazing skin and a feeling of freshness while making you look fairer with healthy-looking skin.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf and mix it with honey in a separate bowl.
- Blend both the ingredients well and apply it evenly to all areas of the skin.
- Keep it on the skin for about 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
Honey is nature’s elixir and emollient for the clear looking skin as it possesses strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It whitens and tones up your skin, keep it Well moisturized and prevent dry skin.
3. Papaya and Aloe vera:
Papaya and aloe vera is the perfect face pack that boosts your physical appearance and keep it healthy and radiant. This combination is important if you want to be presentable! It keeps you free from skin ailments, the growth of fungi and bacteria, blackheads, pigmentation and acne.
- Half papaya.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera.
- Cut up the fresh papaya, then scoop out the aloe vera Gel from the leaf.
- Add both the freshly cut papaya and aloe vera gel into a blender.
- Blend both the ingredients into a well ground paste.
- Apply this paste all over your skin evenly and make sure that every area of the skin is covered equally.
- Leave it on your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry.
- Apply this mixture on a regular basis or at least thrice in a week.
4. Aloe vera with lemon juice:
The aloe vera with lemon juice pack is full of Vitamin-rich ingredients that are great for your skin that makes your skin appear clear, healthy and glowing. It reduces inflammation and pain. This mixture acts as an exfoliant and a peel off. It is generally recommended and suitable for all skin types.
- Gel extracted from the aloe vera leaves half a lemon squeezed and the juice extracted from it.
- One tablespoon of honey
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaves and put it in a blender.
- Add the juice squeezed out from the half lemon and add it to the blender along with honey.
- Blend this mixture well for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- You can apply this mixture directly onto your skin and layer it out evenly. Leave the mixture on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can also take a clean cloth and add this mixture to it, letting it soak well and absorb all of its contents. Keep this cloth on your skin for about 20 minutes. You can also use Cotton pads to apply it on your skin. wash it off after 20 minutes.
5. Aloe vera with brown sugar:
Aloe vera combined with brown sugar is an excellent exfoliating mixture that is effective for sensitive skin and prevents the clogging up of the pores on your skin and maintaining your skin tone and acidity. It is the perfect remedy for blemishes, suntanned skin, darkened skin and damaged skin.
- Aloe vera gel.
- ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf and put it in a bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar along with the aloe vera mixture and blend well. This mixture is known to nourish, exfoliate, soothe, tone, moisturize and keep your skin looking fresh and hydrated. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin. Keep it on your skin for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold or lukewarm water. Repeat the process at least thrice in a week.
6. Aloe vera with Sandalwood powder:
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon Sandalwood powder
- 2 tablespoons of cold milk
- Extract the gel of the aloe vera leaf and place it in a bowl.
- Take two tablespoons of Sandalwood powder and 2 tablespoons of cold milk and added to the aloe vera extract.
- Mix the contents in the bowl well and apply it on your skin.
- Leave the mixture on for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
7. Aloe vera with tomato:
Aloe vera with tomato is the best combination to get a perfect looking skin. It can be applied directly to your skin and does not come with any side effects. You can harness the power of this mixture to get flawless skin like never before. This mixture is used to whiten your skin, tone up your skin, reduce scars and acne marks, cleanse and exfoliate your skin, and prevent a breakout.
- Fresh aloe vera gel.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato juice.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Slice a tomato and extract the juice by blending it to get a puree.
- You can also squeeze out the tomato juice with your hands. Add it to the bowl and mix it well.
- First wash your face well and make sure that your face is clear of Dirt and grime. Remove any makeup with an oil-free cleanser. Apply the above mixture directly to your skin and other affected areas. Leave it to dry for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Immediately splash cool water on your face. This is known to tighten up and seal any open skin pores. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
8. Aloe vera with dates:
Dates are rich in antioxidants, and tannins which protect the skin against inflammation and cell damage. It is known to even out and brighten your skin and maintained its elasticity. When dates are combined with aloe vera it brings out the best of both for your skin.
- Fresh aloe vera gel.
- De-seeded dates or seeds removed from the dates.
- 1 tbsp of Honey.
- Scoop out the gel from the aloe vera leaf and put it in a blender.
- Take about three to four dates and add it to the blender containing the aloe vera gel. Add the honey to it and blend well.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area of your skin and massage it well. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
9. Aloe vera and cucumber:
Both aloe vera and cucumber unknown to have soothing properties and protect your skin against wrinkles, tones up your skin, brightens, hydrates and whitens it on a regular application. It is an excellent face mask and highly beneficial for your skin. This mixture is packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and nutrients which are beneficial for the body such as biotin, potassium, and vitamins.
- 2 slices of cucumber.
- Gel extracted from the aloe vera leaves.
- Add the cucumber and the aloe vera gel to a Blender and blend well.
- Place the mixture in a refrigerator for about 15 minutes and apply it directly on your skin.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position and relax for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat your skin dry. This will keep your skin soft and smooth and keep you looking youthful.
1. How long does it take for aloe vera to lighten skin?
The effects of aloe vera on your skin generally depends on two factors which are – your skin tone and type of skin. If you are of a darker complexion, then it will take much longer for you to see the effects of aloe vera on your skin, when compared to a person of a lighter complexion. Also, if your skin is thicker and coarse, aloe vera will take much longer to work its magic on your skin. There have been several incidences of people with lighter skin tones, who have been successfully lighten the complexion of their skin with the help of aloe vera in just a month. Whereas people with darker skin tones have been able to lighten the skin tones in just two to three months.
It is a mild skin lightening solution, hence you will not experience immediate results. It needs to be used on a regular basis in order to bring out the amazing and powerful effect of aloe vera on your skin. Even though it takes a longer time for you to see any changes, there is no need to worry as you can rest assured that it is natural as well as 100 % safe to use. There are side effects or other harmful damages that are generally caused by over the counter chemicals.
2. Can Aloe Vera Gel darken the skin?
Aloe vera gel which is bought over the counter contains components that are capable of increasing the cell turnover which prevents hyperpigmentation of the skin as well as discoloration. When the Aloe Vera Gel begins to act on your skin it can appear dull and darken your skin, especially if you had just applied it and gone out under the sun without applying a sunscreen lotion. Aloe Vera Gel also contains latex which doesn’t agree with some people and causes allergy and skin darkening in the process.
3. Can Aloe vera lighten dark spots?
Yes, aloe vera can lighten and reduce dark spots on your skin. It is also capable of reducing freckles and clearing your skin of imperfections. It is known to make the dark spots on your skin less visible and gradually disappear over time. To see amazing results, apply the aloe vera gel regularly.
4. How to use Aloe vera on the face for pimples?
Cut the aloe vera leaf and wash it well. Scoop out the gel from the leaf and apply it generously all over your face as well as on the pimple affected area. Apply the aloe vera gel in equal layers on your skin. The aloe vera will boost the blood flow in all the layers of your skin while washing out the excess toxins that cause pimples. Aloe vera is effective in killing the fungi and bacteria that grow on the skin. Leave the aloe vera on your skin overnight and in the morning wash it off with cold water. Follow this procedure regularly or at least thrice in a week to get rid of all your pimples.
5. Can Aloe vera Lighten dark underarms?
Aloe vera is a natural home remedy to lighten your dark underarms. All you need to do is slice up the aloe vera, wash it and extract gel from it. Apply the gel directly to your underarms and leave it on for about 5 to 10 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. This procedure is known to clear your skin, remove excess toxins, dirt, grime and remove dead cells. It exfoliates, soothes, hydrates moisturizes and nourishes your underarms.
6. How to use Aloe vera on the face at night?
Applying aloe vera to your face at night keeps your skin looking fresh and young. It is a natural astringent that removes the sebum buildup in your skin pores. Extract the gel from a freshly cut aloe vera leaf and apply it evenly all over your face, either with your fingertips or using a cotton pad. Leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning with cool water to see amazing results.
7. How long can you keep Aloe vera gel on your face?
For those who wish to use aloe vera as a moisturizer, all you need to do is apply it evenly all over your face in a thin layer and keep it on until your skin has absorbed it. If you are using aloe vera gel in a face pack or moisturizing mask, then you will need to leave it on your face for at least 20 minutes.