Tea is one of the most consuming beverages in the world after water. Among the different types of tea, green tea has drawn the attention the most. Consuming green tea has been proved beneficial for human health on day by day basis.
But finding good green tea could be even more confusing. It is because several varieties of green tea available in the Indian market and each claims that they are the best in the market.
So, we have compiled some of the best green tea available in the Indian market based on their different process of production such as climatic conditions, growing techniques, Horticulture methods, and processing.
List of the best Green tea brands in India:
1. Lipton green tea:
Price (250g) – Rs 211
The Lipton green tea brand is one of the most popular and preferred brands of green tea in India. It is available at almost every shop or store. It does not contain any additives and comprises of young and fresh green tea leaves. All tea bags yield zero calorie tea when taken without milk, sugar or other caloric additives. It is inexpensive and available in different variants and combinations depending upon personal preference and taste.
- Lipton Green Tea Pure and Light
- Lipton Green Tea Mint Burst
- Lipton Green Tea Lemon Zest
- Lipton Green Tea Honey Lemon
- Lipton Green Tea – Loose Tea
- Lipton Green Tea Tulsi Natura
2. Tetley Green Tea
Price (250g) – Rs 180
Tetley was one of the first brands which introduced green tea in India. Tata Global Beverages own the Tetley green tea brand. Each tea bag yields five times more antioxidants than fruits and vegetables. Besides providing health benefits and wellness, it comes in many exciting flavors to delight the taste of different green tea drinkers.
- Tetley Natural Green Tea
- Tetley Green Tea with Aloe Vera
- Tetley Green Tea with Lemon & Honey
- Tetley Green Tea with Ginger, Mint & Lemon
3. Girnar Green Tea
Price (250g) – Rs 210
Girnar green tea is also another popular choice amongst green tea drinkers who prefer variety in every cup of tea. This brand contains green tea with a combination of special Herbs and spices like black pepper, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, Tulsi, Ginger citric acid asafetida and rock salt. It is one of the most preferred choices to get relief from cold, sore throat, cough, and bloating stomach.
- Girnar Green Tea Desi Kahwa
- Girnar Green Tea Lemon and Honey
- Girnar Green Tea Tulsi
- Girnar Green Tea Ginger
- Girnar Green Tea Gourmet Collection
4. Typhoo Green Tea
Price (200g) – Rs 179
Typhoo is a green tea brand of British origin existing from over a century. It is handpicked from the tea gardens of Assam and Darjeeling to give real benefits for the mind and body. It is a favorite brand for its wide range of flavors and is free from sugar, preservatives and artificial flavoring.
- Typhoo Pure Green tea
- Typhoo Green Tea Lemon Grass
- Typhoo Green Tea Masala CHAI
- Typhoo Green Tea Coconut
- Typhoo Natural Green Tea Lemon & Honey
- Typhoo Green Tea Jasmine
- Typhoo Green Tea Tulsi
- Typhoo Green Tea Moroccan Mint
5. Organic Indian Tulsi Green Tea
Price (100g) – Rs 180
Organic Indian Tulsi Green Tea is a combination of Tulsi and green tea which in conjunction works as a stress-reliever, stamina and immunity booster. Each cup of Organic Indian Tulsi Green Tea provides enough micronutrients and antioxidant which naturally enhance physical performance and cardiovascular health. The green tea is available loose as well it comes in flavored tea bags.
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea, Classic
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea, Lemon Ginger
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea, Jasmine
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea, Pomegranate
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea, Earl Grey
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea, Ashwagandha
6. Himalaya Green Tea
Price (200g) – Rs 310
The Himalaya green tea comes in sachets and is sold loose as well. It is known to be effective in treating fatigue and detoxifying the entire body. It contains Camellia Sinensis (tea plant extract) that has an overpowering tea taste. Due to its strong flavor, it can provide a very impactful effect after drinking one cup. Each serving of a tea bag comes in a giant teabag, so don’t dip the bag more than a minute to get the perfect flavor.
It does not come in any flavor. The variant available in the market is “Himalaya Herbals GreenTea.”
7. Taj Mahal Green Tea
Price (80g) – Rs 150
Taj Mahal green tea comprises of an energizing blend of green tea leaves to provide a refreshing taste. It is specially made from the long Darjeeling leaves that are known to have a soothing effect, overwhelm one’s senses and to lighten the mood. The green tea comes in a tea bag packed in an envelope to retain freshness and flavor.
- Taj Mahal Darjeeling Green Tea
- Taj Mahal Green Tea, Honey Lemon
- Taj Mahal Green Tea, Earl Grey
8. Eco Valley Green Tea
Price (100g) – Rs 90
The Eco valley green tea is preferred for its natural flavor, high EGCG Catechin content and natural ingredients. It provides zero calories when drunk without milk or sugar or honey.
The tea bags come with non-bleached filter paper and with no staple pins. It is also sold as loose tea in the market.
- Eco Valley Natural Green Tea, Pure Green
- Eco Valley Natural Green Tea, Dandelion and Mint
- Eco Valley Organic Green Tea, Tulsi
- Eco Valley Organic Green Tea, Sunny Lemony
- Eco Valley Organic Green Tea, Ginger, Lemon And Mulethi
- Eco Valley Green Tea, Pahadi Kahwa
9. Twinings Green Tea
Price (25 tea bags) – Rs 280
The twinings green tea is known to possess a smooth flavor and unique, refreshing taste. It is pure and natural and based on a style called “Sencha.” This brand is a blend of selected green tea leaves that produces a light golden color tea that is mild and rich in antioxidants.
- Twinings Green Tea, Earl Grey
- Twinings Green Tea, Strawberry
- Twinings Green Tea, Cranberry
- Twinings Green Tea, Green Apple
- Twinings Green Tea, Pomegranate
- Twinings Green Tea, Cranberry and Blood Orange
- Twinings Green Tea, Jasmine
- Twinings Green Tea, Cherry & Vanilla
- Twinings Green Tea, Mint
- Twinings Green Tea, Warming Chamomile & Spiced Apple
- Twinings Green Tea, Pineapple & Grapefruit
10. 24 Mantra Green Tea
Price (25 tea bags) – Rs 149
The 24 Mantra green tea comes from pure and well attended organic green tea leaves that are cultivated in higher-elevation gardens. APEDA has also certified this brand for producing organic green tea. It is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids.
- 24 Mantra Organic Green Tea
- 24 Mantra Tulsi Green Tea
Take Away – How to Brew Green Tea?
To receive the full benefits of green tea, the temperature of the water plays an important role. When making the green tea, you have to make sure that the water is not overheated as successive boiling can damage the catechins present in the green tea leaves.
First of all, let the water to boil and then rest it to achieve a temperature of 75-80 degree Celsius. Then pour it over tea and brew for about 3-4 minutes. Pull out the leaves and drink it hot. If you are using a tea bag, then brew for 2-3 minutes.